Since 1995 Austega has built a rich collection of resources valuable to gifted children and their educators and parents/carers.
Although this collection is no longer being actively maintained, many continue to find it useful. Please have a look at the articles on this site, the huge annotated links collection and the dynamic data feeds that cover gifted children/students and their education - designed for both parents and teachers.
It includes both information on this site (see below) and a library of annotated links to useful information elsewhere.
- What is a gifted child?
- Characteristics checklist
- Moral Development (Kohlberg)
- "Flow" and Csikszentmihalyi
- Theory of Positive Disintegration
- Living & learning with overexcitabilities
- Parenting gifted preschoolers
- Parenting & socio-emotional nurturing
- Choosing a school
- Dealing with problems at school
- Good reading for gifted readers
- Bibliotherapy for gifted students
- Are you ready to parent? (humour?)
- Ability grouping
- Acceleration/flexible progression
- Guidelines for acceleration
- Curriculum compacting
- Curriculum differentiation
- Independent learning
- Vertical unitised timetabling
- Research synthesis on school provisions
- Teacher G&T professional development